I'd like to thank all who contributed and made these pages possible.
Not only the ones who contacted me, but also I'd like to mention those
authors who made their excellent programs available to the Open Source
community, and were instrumental in the construction of this site.
- The operating system that lets the user be in control.
- All the images, titles and other special effects on the site
were made thanks to GIMP, the GNU Image Manipulation Program.
More than excellent!
- XawTV (webcam) allowed me to digitalize the recordings made
with my videocam - with good quality!
- SANE Project
- My respect goes to the SANE project programmers, who, without
much help or information from the manufacturers, create drivers
for a large list of scanners.
- JOE text editor - the fastest and most reliable. And compatible
with Wordstar, TurboPascal/C. Macros, regular expressions...
- POV-ray is a raytracing program, permitting the rendering of
'things' in 3D, assigning textures, colors, lighting and more.
Finally you take a photo of the scene.
- The IceWM window manager for X11. Simple, small, and fast...
- The Linux windowing system... Windows as it should be.
(c) John Coppens ON6JC/LW3HAZ